Supplies for submitting specimens to UF Health Dermatopathology Lab are available at no additional charge. Please call our Customer Service Department at (352) 594-1935 or toll-free at (855) 4UF-SKIN for more details about supply ordering or download our Supply Request Form – UF Dermatopathology to select needed supplies. Supply Request Form can be emailed, faxed or mailed to our laboratory. Our contact info:
- Preprinted requisition forms. UF Health Dermatopathology Requisition in pdf.
- Tissue biopsy containers with appropriate fixatives are provided for the following needs:
- Light Microscopy: Neutral Buffered Formalin (10%)
- Immunohistology: Michel’s solution
- Note: All of the solutions are colorless and should be stored at room temperature. If a color develops (e.g. a yellow tinge) they have spoiled and will damage the tissue to the point that useful diagnosis cannot be rendered.
- Plastic biohazard specimen bags with side section for paperwork