Inpatient service at the University of Florida Health (Shands Hospital) and the Gainesville VA Medical Center (PGY 2)
The first year dermatology resident will spend 3 months on the hospital inpatient and consultation service.
The resident will:
- acquire experience in the evaluation and management of inpatients with skin diseases;
- provide daily care of inpatients, including the coordination of ancillary services, consultations and discharge;
- coordinate post-discharge instruction and follow-up;
- assume responsibility for laboratory evaluation, interpretation and follow-up for inpatients;
- provide dermatologic consultation for inpatients on other services who have cutaneous disorders;
- provide appropriate follow-up consultation and post-discharge care for these inpatients when appropriate;
- actively participate in the teaching of medical students and house officers who request consultation and those who are rotating on the dermatology service.