On May 4, 2018 we celebrated research and academic achievement in the department of dermatology!
The event was very successful, well attended and further confirmed our goal to grow into a strong academic dermatology center.
Our talented residents and faculties presented ongoing research projects and over 10 selected posters were presented during the event.
Resident/Fellow Research Presentations
- Dr. R. Gillihan*, PGY-2: Clinical, dermoscopic and pathological correlation of common skin neoplasms; Faculty Advisor: Dr. I. Longo
- Dr. C. Nielson, PGY-2: Morphologic and Immunohistochemical Comparison of Psoriasis, Psoriatic Alopecia, and Alopecia Areata; Faculty Advisor: Dr. K. Motaparthi
- Dr. K. Potter, PGY-4: Skin cancer awareness in solid organ transplant recipients: Patient survey study; Faculty Advisor: Dr. I. Longo
- Dr. E. George, Dermpath Fellow: Next generation sequencing for spindle cell melanoma; Faculty Advisor: Dr. K. Motaparthi
- Dr. E. George, Dermpath Fellow: Comparison of the inflammatory infiltrates in tumoral melanosis, regressing nevi, and regressing melanoma; Faculty Advisor: Dr. K. Motaparthi
- Dr. J. Merritt, PGY-2: AD in elderly: retrospective study and immunostaining; Faculty Advisor: Drs. A. De Benedetto and A. Walker
- Dr. M. Montuno, PGY-4: The Impact of Mohs Micrographic Surgery on Tumor Staging of Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma: A Comparison and Evaluation of the 7th and 8th Editions of the American Joint Committee on Cancer Guidelines – An Update; Faculty Advisor: Drs. B. Brown, S. Konda and K. Motaparthi
Updates on current Faculty Research Projects
- Dr. A. De Benedetto: Updates on role of PAR2 in epidermal barrier impairment
- Dr. J. Schoch: Updates on microbiome project
Overview on Clinical Trials – M. Bohannon, CCRA
*Dr. R. Gillahn, PGY-2, was awarded Best presentation.
Dr. J. Merritt, PGY-2, and Dr. K.A. Potter, Chief Resident, were both earned Best Poster.
Photo Gallery from the event