Supplies for submitting specimens to UF Health Dermatopathology Lab are available at no additional charge. Please call our Customer Service Department at (352) 594-1935, toll-free at (855) 4UF-SKIN or by email at UFdermpath@dermatology.med.ufl.edu for more details about supply ordering or use this link to order online.
- Tissue biopsy containers with appropriate fixatives are provided for the following needs:
- Light Microscopy: Neutral Buffered Formalin (10%)
- Immunohistology: Michel’s solution
- Note: All of the solutions are colorless and should be stored at room temperature. If a color develops (e.g. a yellow tinge) they have spoiled and will damage the tissue to the point that useful diagnosis cannot be rendered.
- Plastic biohazard specimen bags with side section for paperwork