(PGY-2, PYG-3, PGY-4)
General dermatology encompasses a wide spectrum of medical disorders affecting the skin, hair, nails, and mucous membranes. Adults of all ages, ethnicity and socioeconomic backgrounds are evaluated and treated.
Residents will learn to:
- Elicit and organize the key components of past medical history, social history, and medications
- Perform a thorough examination of skin, hair, nails, mucous membrane
- Develop a sophisticated and thorough differential diagnosis
- Recognize and diagnose common and uncommon dermatoses and neoplasias
- Perform and interpret in-office diagnostic tests (potassium hydroxide preparations, Tzanck smears, Sarcoptes scrapings, dermoscopy, and hair pluck analysis)
- Acquire understanding of topical medications and their indications
- Acquire understanding of systemic therapies and their indications, contraindications, and safety profiles
- Utilize phototherapy effectively and safely for patients who are appropriate candidates
Stephanie J Carstens
Med Dir & Clin Ast Prof
Department: MD-DERMATOLOGY JACKSONVILLE
Douglas N Robins M.D.
CLIN ASO PROF
Kimberly L Merkel M.D.
ADJ AST PROF