During their second year of training, each resident will spend 3 months on a rotation dedicated to inpatient consultation.
On Inpatient consultation, residents will:
- Acquire experience in the evaluation and management of inpatients with skin disorders
- Provide daily care of inpatients, including the coordination of ancillary services, consultations and discharge
- Coordinate post-discharge instruction and follow-up
- Assume responsibility for laboratory evaluation, interpretation and follow-up for inpatients
- Actively participate in education for medical students and housestaff, both on referring teams and on the dermatology service
- Learn to use store-and-forward and live streaming teledermatology to improve efficiency and address urgent consultation requests