In this rotation, residents gain familiarty and understanding in the care of children and adolescents with dermatologic disorders. Children of all ages, ethnicities, and socioeconomic backgrounds are evaluated and treated.
In Pediatric dermatology, residents will
- Acquire experience and expertise in the evaluation of the skin, hair, nails, mucous membranes of infants, children and adolescents
- Recognize the common and uncommon cutaneous disorders encountered in these age groups
- Appreciate the benefits and potential adverse effects of systemic and topical medications in the pediatric population
- Learn the genetic, developmental, and metabolic changes underlying relevant dermatologic diseases in the pediatric population
- Develop skill and comfort in performing diagnostic and surgical procedures in infancy and childhood