Institution: Univ of FL COM Gainesville
Elective: MED E 11 – Clinical Dermatology, Dermatology
Course Faculty and Staff
Thank you for your interest in our Dermatology Residency Program. We are thrilled you are considering the University of Florida for your next step in training.
Residency Informational videos:
Application deadline for first year positions is October 15 each year. Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program(NRMP) and to apply applicants must sign up through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Your ERAS application should include:
- Three letters of reference,
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (aka dean’s letter),
- Personal Statement
- Medical school transcript,
- USMLE scores. Please note that results from USMLE Step I and Step II are required for application review.
It is very important for your file to be as complete as possible for their review.
ACGME Program Requirements
Prior to appointment in the program, residents must have successfully completed a broad-based clinical year (PGY- 1) in an emergency medicine, family medicine, general surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, or transitional year program accredited by the ACGME, or in such a program located in Canada and accredited by the RCPSC or CFPC.
UF Heath-Springhill Medical Center
4037 NW 86th Terrace, 4th Floor
Gainesville, FL 32606
(GPS address: 8600 NW 39th Avenue, 2nd floor, Gainesville, FL)
After careful review by the Department’s Faculty and Residents, selected applicants will be invited for an interview. If you are offered an interview, you will be contacted by e-mail to select a date for your interview. Please be sure to include your e-mail address as part of your ERAS application.
The interview day is typically scheduled at the end of the third week of January. Interviews are by invitation only.
Timeline for Invitations
UF Dermatology will be participating in second set of coordinated interviews invite release dates
- Monday November 20, 2023: second round of interview invites released (generally for programs with late December or January interview dates)
- Monday November 27, 2023: applicants begin scheduling interviews; must respond by November 29, 2023
- Additional interview invites will be released as they become available starting after November 29, 2023.
Our current residents host an informal dinner the night before the interview day.
Statement on Interviews:
Links to information about Gainesville:
Best wishes as you begin your residency search. We look forward to hearing from you!