Institution: Univ of FL COM Gainesville
Elective: MED E 11 – Clinical Dermatology, Dermatology
Course Faculty and Staff
- Marjorie Montanez-Wiscovich, MD, PhD (Director)
- Megan McCann (Course Staff)
Thank you for your interest in our Dermatology Residency Program. We are thrilled you are considering the University of Florida for your next step in training.
Residency Informational videos:
Application deadline for first year positions is October 15 each year. Our program participates in the National Resident Matching Program(NRMP) and to apply applicants must sign up through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). https://www.aamc.org/services/eras/
Paper applications will not be accepted.
Your ERAS application should include:
- Three letters of reference,
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (aka dean’s letter),
- Personal Statement
- Medical school transcript,
- USMLE scores. Please note that results from USMLE Step I and Step II are required for application review.
It is very important for your file to be as complete as possible for their review.
ACGME Program Requirements
Prior to appointment in the program, residents must have successfully completed a broad-based clinical year (PGY- 1) in an emergency medicine, family medicine, general surgery, internal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, or transitional year program accredited by the ACGME, or in such a program located in Canada and accredited by the RCPSC or CFPC.
UF Heath-Springhill Medical Center
4037 NW 86th Terrace, 4th Floor
Gainesville, FL 32606
(GPS address: 8600 NW 39th Avenue, 2nd floor, Gainesville, FL)
After careful review by the Department’s Faculty and Residents, selected applicants will be invited for an interview. If you are offered an interview, you will be contacted by email and instructed to schedule via the platform Thalamus.
Timeline for Invitations
- November 24-November 25, 2020: first round of interview invites released
- November 30, 10a ET: applicants begin scheduling interviews; must respond by December 1
- December 2, 5p ET or later: additional interview invites released
Pre-Interview Meet and Greet
There will be a pre-interview meet and greet with the program’s residents ONLY. There will not be faculty present. This event has been scheduled for 6:30EST and a Zoom link will be provided
We encourage all invitees to attend.
The Dermatology residency program will be conducting interviews via Zoom. Four interview sessions over two days will be available for invitees to schedule. There will be a morning session beginning at 7:00AM EST and an afternoon session beginning at 12:00PM EST. We hope by providing these different sessions, it will help accommodate candidates from different time zones.
The interviewees will have a succession of 15minute interview with faculty groups in breakout rooms.
We ask that interviewees ensure they have a stable internet connection and a secondary way of connecting to the Zoom interview. Laptop or tablet.
We also will confirm the best way to reach interviewees by phone, if needed during the interview day.
This virtual process is new to our program, and we will do everything we can to have a smooth interview day for all interviewees.
Statement on Interviews:
- Coordinated interview invite release
- Interview formats and recruiting activities
- Interview etiquette
Resources Regarding Virtual Interviews:
- AAMC Preparation Guide for Applicants Participating in Virtual Interviews
- 4 Tips on Video Interviews for 2021 Residency Applicants
- Residency, Med School Interviews Go Virtual: What to Know
Links to information about Gainesville:
Best wishes as you begin your residency search. We look forward to hearing from you!