Pediatric Dermatology Clinic (PGY 2, 3 and 4)
The learning objectives of this clinic greatly overlap with those of the general dermatology clinic. Moreover, each resident will:
- acquire experience and expertise in the examination of the skin, hair, nails, mucous membranes and lymph nodes of infants, children and adolescents;
- recognize the common and uncommon cutaneous disorders encountered in this age group;
- learn to appreciate the benefits and potential side effects of systemic and topical medications in the pediatric population;
- become more familiar with pediatric systemic disorders and their manifestations;
- enhance understanding of genetics, teratogens and biochemical disorders;
- develop skill in performing diagnostic and surgical procedures in infancy and childhood.