Jaw widening due to jaw clenching
Frequently asked questions:
How is masseteric hypertrophy treated?
- Botox or Dysport can be injected into the muscle to weaken it, and eventually cause it to atrophy (“shrink in size”). This will give the face a more slender appearance over time.
How do Botox and Dysport work?
- Botox and Dysport work by paralyzing the treated muscles, resulting in smoothening of wrinkles in the treated area.
How long does it take for Botox and Dysport to show results?
- Botox and Dysport can take up to 10-14 days to show full effect.
How long does it take to notice a slimmer appearance of the face?
- It requires approximately 6 months of treatment before the face appears noticeable slimmer.
How long does treatment of masseteric hypertrophy with Botox and Dysport last?
- Clinical results from Botox and Dysport last approximately 3 months. In order to notice slimming of the face, continuous treatment for several months is needed.