What can be done to treat unwanted body hair?
Laser Hair Removal
Frequently asked questions:
How does laser hair removal work?
- Laser hair removal utilizes focused light to target the pigment found in hair follicles. The laser destroys the hair stem cell, which stops hair growth. Depending on a patient’s skin type, either a diode laser or Nd: YAG laser will be used to facilitate hair reduction. Laser hair removal can be safely completed in patients all skin types (i.e. very light skin to very dark skin).
How long does laser hair removal take to show results?
- Laser hair removal takes months to show results and requires at minimum 4-6 treatments for effective treatment.
How long do the results of laser hair removal last?
- After several treatments, the results of laser hair removal are permanent. Maintenance therapy may be required thereafter.
Does laser hair removal have an expected recovery time or post-procedure downtime?
- No; however, a patient should avoid sunlight.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
- The estimated cost of treatment varies based on the location and surface area treated.