(PGY-2, PYG-3, PGY-4)
During their rotation in Dermatopathology, residents will gain familiarity and competence in the histologic diagnosis of common and rare neoplastic, inflammatory, metabolic and infectious disorders of the skin.
In Dermatopathology, residents will
- Develop an understanding of basic anatomy and physiology of the skin, mucous membranes and adnexal structures
- Recognize diagnostic microscopic features of inflammatory and neoplastic disorders
- Correlate microscopic findings with the basic science and pathogenesis underlying skin disorders
- Interpret results of special stains, immunoperoxidase, and immunofluorescence
- Correlate the clinical and microscopic findings of skin disorders